Terms of Service
Last Updated April 7, 2007
Zia Entertainment, LLC is the owner and operator of the website located at http://blabbr.com, and any linked pages or applications (the Blabbr Site), and is the provider of the services (the Blabbr Services) which are available to You though the Blabbr Site, including the Blabbr Widget and the Blabbr Screensaver.
Eligibility Criteria and Representations
You hereby represent that the following are all true:
- You are at least 13 years old, and if You are less than 18 years old, You have the permission of Your parents or legal guardian to use the Blabbr Service. If you are not at least 13 years old, please discontinue using the Blabbr Site and the Blabbr Services immediately.
- You have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement; and
- You have the right to display each and every item of content (whether images, links, documents, Skins, or files content) which You have released to the Blabbr Site, including the right to display all copyrights, trademarks, trade names and similar intellectual property interests reflected therein or thereon. Your sharing of content constitutes permission for reproduction/printing of such image by any recipient for his or her personal use and by Blabbr solely to provide the Blabbr Service to You and others, to market the Blabbr Service and/or the Blabbr Site, and to illustrate the operation of the Blabbr Service and/or the Blabbr Site. You understand that the Blabbr Service may involve the transmission of content over various networks and changes to content to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks, devices or display media. See also, discussion of Skins below.
Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Blabbr hereby grants You a limited, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, nonexclusive license to use the software that You have downloaded or are about to download and any software running on Blabbr's server (Software). You may (and in fact are encouraged to) download, install and/or use the Software on a single computer or on a website that is operated and maintained by You, or by someone else who has agreed to be bound by this Agreement. As between the parties,title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in and to the Software, and any copies or portions thereof, shall remain in Blabbr and its suppliers or licensors. You understand that Blabbr may modify or discontinue offering the Software at any time.
Support and Upgrades
This Agreement does not entitle You to any support, upgrades, updates, add-ons patches, enhancements, or fixes for the Software (collectively, Updates). Blabbr, however, may occasionally provide You with automatic Updates to the Software at its sole discretion (and without any advanced notification to You). Any such Updates for the Software shall become part of the Software and subject to this Agreement.
In exchange for Your being able to use the Software, the Blabbr Services and/or the Blabbr Site, You agree to be bound by the following obligations:
If You choose to register with Blabbr, You will provide us with an email address You own and use, a password and a username (User ID). You shall be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your password. You will also update Your registration information on the Blabbr Site from time to time so that it remains true, correct and complete. You may not:
- Use a false name or an email address owned or controlled by another person with the intent to impersonate that person or for any other reason;
- Use as a User ID a name subject to any rights of a person other than Yourself without appropriate authorization;
- Use a false mobile number owned or controlled by another person with the intent to impersonate that person or for any other reason; or
- Otherwise submit false or misleading information to Blabbr.
You may not (and will not allow any third party to) post or link to any material or content which:
- Is libelous, defamatory, obscene, profane, sexually explicit, threatening,invasive of a person's privacy or otherwise violative of any law (each a Prohibited Posting), or
- Constitutes an infringement, misappropriation or violation of theintellectual property, publicity or other proprietary rights of any person or entity (each, an Infringing Posting);
No Changes to the Software/Prohibited Uses
You may not:
- Modify, adapt, disassemble, decompile, translate, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover the source code or structure, sequence and organization of the Software or any portion of the Blabbr Site or the Blabbr Service (except where the foregoing is required by applicable local law, and then only to the extent so required under such laws);
- Copy or distribute the Software (except for a version that has this license attached where the user agrees to the terms of this Agreement), provided,however, that You may (and are encouraged), to include a Blabbr Widget on your website.
- Rent, lease, or use the Software for timesharing or service bureau purposes, or otherwise charge people for use of the Software unless You inform Blabbr of Your commercial purpose prior to such use;
- Use the Software in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair Blabbr's Service or another user's use of the Blabbr Service;
- Remove or obscure any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Blabbr Site, Blabbr Service and/or the Software and You shall reproduce such notices exactly on all permitted copies of the Software;
- Collect any information about other users or members (including usernames and/or email addresses) for any purpose;
- Create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- Create or transmit unwanted electronic communications such as spam, to other users or members of the Blabbr Site and/or Blabbr Service or otherwise interfere with other user's or member's enjoyment of the Blabbr Site and/or Blabbr Service;
- Submit any content or material that falsely express or imply that such content or material is sponsored or endorsed by Blabbr;
- Transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive or malicious nature; or
- Use the Blabbr Site or Blabbr Services to violate the security of any computer network or transfer or store illegal material.
You agree to indemnify and hold Blabbr (and any employee, officer, director or affiliate of Blabbr) harmless (including costs and attorneys' fees) from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of Your access to the Blabbr Site or Service, the violation of this Agreement by You, the infringement by You, or any third party using Your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity, or for any content posted on the Blabbr Site by you (including claims related to defamation, invasion of privacy, or other violation of a person's rights). Your obligations under the foregoing indemnity may not be offset against any other claim You may have against Blabbr or any Blabbr Person. You remain solely responsible for all content that You upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise disseminate using, or in connection with, the Software or the Blabbr Service.
Rights of Blabbr/Exculpation of Blabbr
By using the Software, the Blabbr Service and/or the Blabbr Site, You acknowledge and agree,
- Blabbr does not claim any copyright or other ownership in any material or content uploaded by You onto the Blabbr Site (other than solely to provide the Blabbr Service to You and others, to market the Blabbr Service and/or the Blabbr Site, to illustrate the operation of the Blabbr Service and/or the Blabbr Site, and an exclusive license in the case of Skins submitted by you (see discussion of Skins, below) simply because You have uploaded it on to the Blabbr Site. You are solely responsible for protecting your own content from loss.
- Blabbr has the right to refuse registration of, or cancel Your user account and/or User ID in its discretion for any reason or for no reason. Any content that has been uploaded onto the Blabbr Service may be deleted at such time without notice to You.
- Blabbr and its licensors own and retain all proprietary rights in the Blabbr Site, the Blabbr Services, and all associated software, content and material. The Blabbr Site is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to U.S. copyright laws, international conventions, and other copyright laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce (except as expressly provided herein), create derivative works based on, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the content, software, and/or materials available on the Blabbr Site, or Blabbr Services in whole or in part without the express written agreement of Blabbr. Except as expressly provided herein, Blabbr and its suppliers do not grant You any express or implied rights under any patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secret, or other intellectual or industrial property rights. If You submit any ideas regarding products or services (other than Skins, see below), such ideas automatically become the property of Blabbr, and You automatically forfeit Your right to the intellectual property of these ideas. If You intend to own the intellectual property rights of Your ideas in any way (patent, trade secrets, copyright, trademark, etc.) please send a message and describe ONLY the general application do not submit Your concepts to Blabbr or its employees through any other medium. Please note that a legal agreement may be required by Blabbr in order to evaluate Your concept(s).
- Blabbr has no responsibility for the statements in any message, content or other material posted on or through the Blabbr Site by any user. If Blabbr receives notice that an item on the Blabbr Site is an Infringing Posting or a Prohibited Posting, it will use such efforts as it, in its sole discretion, believes are reasonable, to determine whether such item is an Infringing Posting or a Prohibited Posting, and if it is, to remove all or a portion of such items. You acknowledge, however, that this is a manual process and that Blabbr cannot evaluate or remove such items immediately.
- If You believe that any material on the Blabbr Site constitutes an Infringing Posting or a Prohibited Posting, please notify Blabbr as soon as possible by using the contact form, or by mailing a letter to: ABUSE, c/o Zia Entertanment, LLC, 4509 Classen Blvd. Suite 201, Oklahoma City, OK 73103.
- Blabbr is exempt from liability to any person for any claim based upon its good faith disabling of access to or removal of material it believes, in its sole discretion to be an Infringing Posting or a Prohibited Posting, regardless of whether the material ultimately is determined to be infringing or otherwise prohibited, provided that Blabbr.com complies with certain procedures under federal law. By using the Blabbr Service, You agree that notice to You through an email to the email address You provided in Your profile constitutes reasonable efforts to notify You of any removal or disabling.
- Blabbr reserves the right to reveal Your identity (or whatever information we know about You) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message or other content posted by You. Blabbr may log all internet protocol addresses accessing the Blabbr Site and other information about users' access, and maintain backup copies of content indefinitely.
- Blabbr uses industry-standard security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Although we make good faith efforts to store the non-public information uploaded to the Blabbr Site or collected by Blabbr in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security. We cannot and do not guarantee that our security measures will prevent third party hackers from illegally accessing our site and obtaining access to content or information thereon.
- The Blabbr Site, Blabbr Service and messages from Blabbr may contain advertising and sponsorships. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Blabbr Site is accurate and complies with applicable laws. We are not responsible for the illegality or any error, inaccuracy or problem in the advertiser's or sponsor's materials.
- You further consent to receive advertisements from Blabbr for products and services as well as from other vendors, although other vendors will never have direct access to your mobile phone number or any of your personally identifiable information.
- The Blabbr Site contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed in such websites, and such websites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked website on the Blabbr Site or the inclusion of a Blabbr Widget on a third party's web site does not imply approval or endorsement of that website by us. If you decide to access or post a Blabbr Widget on these third-party websites, you do so at your own risk.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER THE Blabbr SERVICE, THE Blabbr SITE AND THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY Blabbr ON AN AS IS BASIS. Blabbr AND ITS LICENSORS AND AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR SOFTWARE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THE Blabbr SITE OR IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE Blabbr SERVICES. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, Blabbr AND ITS LICENSORS AND AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Blabbr AND ITS LICENSORS AND AFFILIATES FURTHER DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION, TEXT, GRAPHICS, LINKS OR OTHER ITEMS CONTAINED WITHIN OR AVAILABLE ON THE Blabbr SITE. SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE AND JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
- POTENTIAL UNAVAILABILITY. THE Blabbr SERVICE MAY BE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE FROM TIME TO TIME FOR MAINTENANCE OR OTHER REASONS. Blabbr SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE, Blabbr SITE OR Blabbr SERVICE. SUCH FAILURE MAY RESULT FROM ANY CAUSE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THOSE BEYOND Blabbr's REASONABLE CONTROL, SUCH AS MECHANICAL, ELECTRONIC OR COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE OR DEGRADATION (INCLUDING LINE-NOISE INTERFERENCE). YOU AGREE THAT Blabbr SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF MATERIALS, CONTENT, OR ANY MODIFICATION, SUSPENSION OR DISCONTINUANCE OF THE SERVICE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Blabbr AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY THEORY OF LAW, FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND/OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, AND/OR LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, Blabbr'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO Blabbr FOR THE Blabbr SERVICES, OR TEN DOLLARS, IF GREATER. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT Blabbr IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE CONTENT SUBMITTED BY ANY USER OR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF A THIRD PARTY. SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Please note that a small number of people may experience epileptic seizures when exposed to certain light patterns on a computer screen like those displayed when using Blabbr Services. Consult your physician prior to using the Blabbr Services if you have had any epileptic symptoms (such as eye or muscle twitches, dizziness, altered vision, disorientation, loss of awareness, involuntary movements or convulsions) and discontinue use of the Blabbr Services immediately if you experience any such symptoms.
Term and Termination
Unless terminated by Blabbr, this Agreement will remain in full force and effect while You use the Software, Blabbr Site and/or Blabbr Services. Subject to the last sentence of this Section 8, You may terminate this Agreement at any time by deleting the Software from Your computer and ceasing to use the Blabbr Service. Blabbr may terminate this Agreement at any time, particularly if You violate any provision of this Agreement. Any termination of this Agreement shall also terminate the licenses granted hereunder. Upon termination of this Agreement for any reason, You shall destroy and remove from all computers, and other storage media all copies of the Software. Blabbr shall have the right to inspect and audit Your facilities to confirm the foregoing. Your representations in Sections 1 and the provisions of Sections 4 through 9 shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
- Disputes. You agree that any dispute relating to your use of the Blabbr Site and/or Service under this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree to personal jurisdiction by and venue in the state and federal courts of the State of California, City of Beverly Hills and that any action hereunder must be brought, if at all, within one (1) year from the accrual of the cause of action.
- International Use. Blabbr makes no representation that the Software is appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing it from territories where the Software or any feature of the Blabbr Services and/or Blabbr Site is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. The Software may be further subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Blabbr Site or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. Downloading or using the Software is at your sole risk.
Blabbr is an entity offering the transmission, routing, or providing of connections for digital online communications, between or among points specified by a user of material of the user's choosing, without modification of the content of the material sent or received (transitory digital network communications), as well as system caching, storage of material residing on a system or network at the direction of a user, and referral or linkage of users to an online location using information location tools, each through the website located at http://blabbr.com, and any linked pages or applications owned and operated by Blabbr.
Please contact us with any questions regarding this Agreement.